Monday, January 11, 2010

Pork Chop Puttanesca-Recipe

Tonight I made  a great easy dinner. I started with the ingredients below.


 6-8 pork chops 
1/2 bottle of Puttanesca Sauce (if you have a full bottle of sauce you dont need anything else except the veggies)


1 large can of canned tomatoes
1 small can of sliced black olives
1tb cappers
Olive oil
Oregano
Crushed red peppers
Parsley
White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Bell pepper
1 Portabella Mushroom
Sea Salt and pepper
Garlic
1/2 small onion


In a large pot I added olive oil (about 2 tb).
To the oil I added the chopped onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
Sautéed for about 2 minutes.
Seasoned pork chops with sea salt on both sides
Add pork chops to pot
Add the left over bottled puttanesca sauce (if you have a full bottle end here)
Add canned tomatoes, garlic, about 6 dashes of vinegar, 2 shakes of red pepper, 
3 shakes oregano, capers, olives, parsley and pepper.


Cover and let simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat is done and tender and sauce has reduced and thickened to your liking.

This could be placed in a crock-pot as well.


I served my pork with quinoa and sautéed spinach. YUMMO!











No comments:

Post a Comment