Sunday, January 31, 2010

Marriage

My marriage has had its share of ups and downs as I am sure most couples have experienced. In my case though my marriage is uniquely my own as each of ours is and the challenges we face as couples are uniquely our own.  For me my marriage has seen some very dark times that almost ended our relationship.

Marriage is hard. I wish someone had told me just how hard it could be so that I would not have spent so much time thinking I was the only one having a hard time.

We have been married for 8 years this year and together for 9. Some years have found us farther apart while others found us closer. This year I think will be our year of being closer. The last 2-3 years have progressively found us dealing with additional challenges that have pushed us further and further apart, so much so to a point I was not sure if we could ever come back.

Then life gives you a surprise and the tide changes and life gives you another chance. I am growing my husband is growing and together we are growing CLOSER together. For the past few months I had been praying for a clear and concise answer to a question. God answered my prayer and in no uncertain terms to I understand his answer.

I am happy to say that I have renewed confidence in my husband and our marriage. I am growing to become a stronger and more supportive wife and partner. I am finding the love that I feared we had destroyed.

I have found that the more I surrender and support the more I am supported and surrendered to. Its amazing!

1 comment: