Monday, January 18, 2010

Fun with Flax.. YES really....




This was my first experience with Flax Seed Meal. Bob's Red Mill. Just a side note. I have found that the Red Mill products are vast and easily found in many stores. They are very inexpensive and often extensive in the variety of  products they offer. Now having said that back to the original slated program.


I have seen flaxseed meal as I do buy the Red Mill products but I had NO idea what to do with it. That was until I found a recommendation on its usages through a blog that I read. It was enough motivation for me to take a plunge and experience flax meal.

So before I begin to tell you all the ways I have used Flax let me tell you WHAT flax is and its benefits!




I have found that Flaxseed is a great additive to many food items to boots their nutritional values.

Now here is a list the things I have thus far added flaxseeds to or have found to use flaxseed in.


  • Oatmeal
  • Smoothies
  • Yogurt
  • Meat Loaf
  • Hamburgers or any ground meat
  • Breads or any baked good
  • Sauces (anything dark)
  • Pasta and Sauces 
  • Pancakes and Waffles
  • Eggs
  • Chili
  • Any bean dish
  • Soups
  • Casseroles
  • Bbq sauce or ketchup.
Honestly you cant taste it and my family has no idea that I have been adding it to their food. LOL. It was easy after the first few times and in fact now I make it a game to see how many places I can stick a tsp or 2 into the foods that we are eating. I am on the road to a healthier me and I am taking them along for the ride, I am sure their bodies are thanking me!

I hope you are motivated or at least intrigued enough to step out and research or even try this great food additive that will help bring added nutritional benefits to your diet in a simple and easy way. 

Thanks for reading and please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment